Vote today for Pemberton BMX
Here’s what you need to know:
1. You can vote as many times as you like, starting at 9am today, for the next 24 hours. Go to KraftCelebrationTour.ca.
2. Pemberton has a 50/50 chance of winning $25,000 for the Pemberton BMX track. All that is required is that Pemberton receive more votes than Invermere.
(Yesterday, it was announced that Morell, PEI, had secured their stop on the Kraft Celebration Tour and $25,000 to go towards a new rink, by galvanizing support and securing 148,469 votes! Obviously, nothing else got done in Morell on the 9th… but mouse-fingers got a serious workout. To hit those numbers, every Pembertonian needs to vote 65 times over the next 24 hours… )
3. Pemberton BMX is entirely volunteer run, with a big vision to be a:
well utilized, well built track that provides the opportunity for riders to learn & develop in a fun environment. It’s a place where people can gather to ride just for fun or to develop into professional athletes.
It would be a pretty cool thing to see Pemberton BMX put on races that draw people from Canada & the US to our little community.
4. Some of the best mountain bike athletes in the world right now (look for them at Crankworx next month) got their start as BMX racers. Can anyone say Anne Caroline Chausson, Darren Berrecloth, Paul Basagoita, Jill Kintner…
5. Playing together and racing around in the dirt is a surefire recipe for a happy healthy community.
Need more convincing? Check out the nomination submitted on behalf of Pemberton BMX by local advocate Zoe Martin, that was selected from 629 other nominations as a finalist.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to get clicking. KraftCelebrationTour.ca.